Thursday, September 1, 2016

First Impressions of Italy

First Impressions of Italy:

As I stepped off the plane and made my way from the airport to the apartment I would be living in I immediately noticed how green everything was even though it was January. On the drive through the city I also noticed how compact everything was. The cars, the streets, even the garbage disposals made the most of the space given to them. The apartment I was staying in was on a cute little street full of local storefronts and fancy hotels. When I got inside I immediately noticed all the IKEA furniture. The bathrooms where very small and one of them even had a bidet which I'm sure none of us would ever use. We have a balcony that looks out onto what could be a courtyard and we get our heat from radiators. There is no AC so when the warm weather comes we'll be outside more. I have three roommates, two of whom are from California, and the other is from Nebraska. We have all been acclimating to the differences in the culture and I'm glad that I have others to share this experience with.

No comments:

Post a Comment